DEGO – Diesel Engine Governor
DEGO governs speed and load on diesel engines in practically any possible configuration. It is a tried and tested unit that can be used for most retrofit needs. DEGO is approved by the major marine classification societies. We will configure it with outputs of your choice, for fully electric or electro-hydraulic actuators.
Single engine propulsion
The single engine propulsion application is designed for the control of diesel engines with fix- or CP propellers.
- Torque, smoke and external Limits
- Slow (low gain) mode operation
- Critical speed range avoidance
- Fuel pump maintenance program
- VIT control
- Dual fuel operation
- Cylinder lubrication control
- Multi-channel tacho to reduce torsional vibrations in shaft line
- Synchronized fuel pump control for super slow RPM running
Twin engine propulsion
The twin engine propulsion application is used for the control of two or four engines working in pairs on a common propeller shaft via a gearbox. The application is developed to support all running conditions and configurations.
- All single engine propulsion options
- Loading and unloading program
- Propeller shaft synchronization
- Engine synchronization with clutch-in control
- Load balance fix
- Load balance proportional
- Shaft load to fuel curve for quick response on shaft load changes
The power generation application is for generator sets in marine and land-based configurations. It supports advanced n-1 redundancy features for separated engine rooms and high availability.
- Single engine options
- Isochronous operation
- Droop mode
- Load control
- Busbar synchronization
- Municipal grid operation (land-based)
- Circuit-breaker wire alarm
- Power-reading alarm
- Electrical-load to fuel ratio for precise control of the electrical load sharing resulting in a remarkable stability at sudden load changes
Installation and commissioning
When mounted the governor is usually contained in a sturdy EMC approved enclosure with IP 54 classification. For installation in panels a smaller DIN-rail mounted version is available.
Outputs are available for fully electric or electro-hydraulic actuators. One DC-servo amplifier for legacy ABB actuators (ASAC 70/200/400) can be integrated in the DEGO enclosure. If your application requires additional amplifiers, they can be added using a CANOpen bus or analog interfaces in separate enclosures.
The DegoAid Commisioning Tool provides all functionality needed for easy commissioning, fault tracing and monitoring of the governor functionality. The commissioning time for DEGO is typically 1-2 days/engine.
DEGO is approved by marine classification societies such as Lloyd’s register, DNV and Bureau veritas.
Get in touch!
Contact us for more detailed technical information about DEGO.
Retrofit and replacement governors
DEGO is often used as a retrofit solution where it replaces governors such as:
- ABB DEGO S / DEGO II / DEGO III
- Wärtsilä EGS 2000, ESG 40M-D, DMS 2100i, Geamot 90C, etc.
- Nabco/Nabtesco MG800 (diff versions)
- Kongsberg DGS 8800e, Autuchief 4, et.c
- Woodward all types